For our Shanghai studio, we are looking for an Engineer having strong CAD background, with a good knowledge of both class A surfaces and engineering of internals structures. You will work with our Engineering Manager and industrial designers internally and globally with our other studios to develop product concepts, specifications and to support product innovation and development.
TEAMS Design is an award-winning user experience design and innovation firm with studios in Europe, North America and Asia. Our innovative approach to design takes concepts from research and into reality, while reinforcing the client’s brand personality.
The Shanghai studio is a bright and delightful open loft office, overlooking at a piece of Shanghai's unique old neighborhood, and the inner street of Peninsula Bay with featured cafes and wine shops. Located in on the North Bund area near Suzhou Creek, we are in one of the newly renovated red-brick factory buildings among other art and design studios, branding and e-commerce business units. We try our best to provide an open and supportive environment for our teams to thrive and achieve their full potentials.
A Mechanical Engineer should have experience with plastic (consumer) products, and familiar with other manufacturing technology. You will need to
- work on product's mechanical modelling and production support
- make surface modelling for low/ medium complicated products in Creo
- design functional prototype structure, and test prototype to verify the design
- handle suppliers for model making and carry out inspections
- search, sort out, build and maintain the manufacture vendor data base in different categories
- provide creative technical solutions upfront, and problem solving during product development and production
- willing to work in a dynamic environment and with multi-disciplinary teams
- BA degree or above in Mechanical Engineering
- 2+ year working experience with consumer products
- Good skills in Creo (ProE), free form surface modelling is preferred
- Strong knowledge in mechanical structure development
- Familiar with assembly process in mass production
- Familiar with manufacture technologies, like CNC, plastic injection, sheet-metal punching, die-casting, etc.
- Acknowledged with electro-mechanical products
- Good English and Chinese, both written and spoken
- Good team player and interpersonal skills
- Experience with other 3D CAD programs (UG, Catia, Solidworks, etc...) or other engineering software is a plus
Interested in joining the team? Send us your:
- Work samples (in Creo/ ProE, UG, or other CAD software) as screenshots and proven tracks for successful launched products
- Cover letter (this can be the body of your email or attached separately)
to email account: [email protected]
Please apply via email only. You will hear from us, but due to the number of applicants, we’d appreciate your patience. Thank you.
TEAMS. Products of Empathy.