Senior Lead Industrial or Transportation Designer
We're looking for a talented Senior Lead Industrial or Transportation Designer with 5+ years of working experience to join our Hamburg studio in a full-time capacity. The Senior Lead Industrial or Transportation Designer takes the main responsibility for projects from research to final design or beyond, including client communication, design team management, and co-work/report to the creative directors.
TEAMS is a strategic global design company with over 100 professionals and 5 studios in Europe, North America, and Asia. We specialize in brand-specific product- and interaction design, providing user experience research, innovation strategy, and design realization.
With over 65 years of experience and over 1.000 acclaimed design awards, we are one of the most decorated and experienced independent design agencies worldwide.
Our studio is located in Hamburg's vibrant and creative district Winterhude, right on the edge of the Alster, Hamburg's famous inner-city park lake. The studio itself is set up in an old carpenter's loft across two building levels, adjoined by a generous workshop and conferencing floor. Our team is made up of 25 design professionals with diverse cultural and technical backgrounds that thrive on creative work. Get an impression here.
As a Senior Industrial / Transportation Designer, you have excellent analytical and communication skills, combined with a strong sense of international brands and the ability to understand consumers' needs and desires. Creating innovative and outstanding ideas, you have superior design skills to develop exciting products within small teams. Considering the latest design, technology, and production trends, your work results amaze everybody.
What differentiates you from other talented senior designers is your ability to plan projects from research to final design or beyond, including client communication, design team management, and co-work/report to the creative directors.
- Bachelor's degree or above in Industrial Design or Transportation Design.
- 5+ years' professional industrial or transportation design working experience - Commercial vehicles sector preferred.
- Strong storyboarding and sketching skills to deliver ideas.
- Excellent aesthetic skills, critical judgment of form, and visual detail.
- Strong understanding of materials, technical details, and product development processes.
- Excellent 3D CAD modeling & visualization skills — preferably Rhino & Key-Shot, (Parametric 3D CAD systems like SolidWorks, NX, CREO is a plus).
- Proven track of successful project engagements, ideally coherent with TEAMS industries.
- Proactive, self-motivated, problem-solver, and always passionate about design.
- Ability to work on multiple projects.
- Ability to plan and manage small design teams.
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills and proven project/client interfacing experiences.
- Bilingual: German C1 & English C1 is a must, 3rd language a bonus.
Interested in joining our team?
Please send us first a note of interest to: [email protected]
After filling out our GDPR sheet, you can send us the following application/documents:
- Cover letter (pdf/presentation).
- Resume/CV (pdf/presentation).
- A complete portfolio that doesn't just show final results but a start-to-finish process that maps out the thinking, decision making, and development behind each project. You may attach links to your portfolio website/client's website if applicable. (pdf – Please do not exceed 15MB).
- Industry recommendations or other proof of client interfacing and design management (pdf/presentation).
- Bring along your sketches and ideas that show how you think things through on paper and optional mock-ups as part of your design thinking expertise.
Your contact person is Sophie Groterjahn.
Please apply via email only. You will hear from us, but we'd appreciate your patience due to the number of applicants. Thank you.