SENIOR INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER WANTED
We're looking for a talented Senior Industrial Designer with 3-6 years of experience to join our bustling studio in Esslingen/Stuttgart in a full-time capacity. Working with our teams of UX-designers, UI-designers, communication designers and engineers, you'll help lead our unique design process and help your team develop an intuitive sense for brand design, good form, and a wide knowledge of manufacturing processes that optimizes the experience for the key stakeholders on any given project.
TEAMS is an award winning design firm specializing in global product-oriented brand development in the areas of industrial design, user experience design and brand communication.
The studio is located in the well-known medieval city of Esslingen, just outside of Stuttgart. The studio itself is located in a beautiful loft staggered across four floors with a beautiful glimpse of Esslingen and the surrounding vineyards. Our state-of-the-art facilities are something we’re particularly proud of. With our in-house capabilities, we’re able to serve hundreds of clients per year on diverse projects. But what’s most important to us is our people. With over 30 designers, engineers, strategists, and communication experts – our teamwork approach makes every day a rewarding adventure.
As a Senior Designer at TEAMS you will collaborate on a wide range of projects in categories such as professional tools, housewares, consumer electronics, and medical equipment. You will lead projects through from start to finish, generating ideas though rapid sketching and developing compelling 3D forms. Working directly with our clients as well as with our designers, researchers, and engineers, you’ll be challenged to communicate your ideas well and think on your feet. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to work on projects that combine or bridge the physical and digital worlds.
- Self-motivated and passionate about design
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in industrial design
- 3-6 years professional industrial design experience
- Ability to think on your feet and brainstorm verbally as well as in sketch form
- Good visual skills, critical judgment of form and visual detail
- Presentation and computer rendering skills
- 3D modeling skills — preferably Rhino, Pro/E or Catia
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Great social and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English and German
Interested in joining the team? Send us your:
- Complete portfolio that doesn't just show final products, but a start-to-finish process that maps out the thinking, decision making, and development behind each project. Sketches that show how you think things through on paper as well as mock-ups must be included as part of your design thinking.
- Cover letter (this can be the body of your email or attached separately)
- Please send your application to the following e-mail: [email protected]
Please apply via email only. No phone calls please. You will hear from us, but due to the number of applicants, we’d appreciate your patience.
TEAMS. Products of Empathy.