Senior Industrial Designer
We're looking for a talented Senior Industrial Designer with over 3 years working experience to join our Shanghai studio in a full-time capacity. The Senior Industrial Designer takes the main responsibility for projects from research to final product design or beyond including client communication and team leadership.
TEAMS Design is an award-winning user experience design and innovation firm with offices in Europe, North America, and Asia. Our innovative approach to design takes concepts from research and into reality while reinforcing the client’s brand personality.
The Shanghai studio is a bright and delightful open loft office, overlooking at a piece of Shanghai's unique old neighbourhood, and the inner street of Peninsula Bay with featured cafes and wine shops. Located in on the North Bund area near Suzhou Creek, we are in one of the newly renovated red-brick factory buildings among other art and design studios, branding and e-commerce business units. We try our best to provide an open and supportive environment for our teams to thrive and achieve their full potentials.
A Senior Industrial Designer should have excellent analytical and communication skills. You have a strong sense for international brands, and the ability to understand consumers and to create suitable innovative ideas. You have superior design skills to develop products that are exciting, with an understanding of different stakeholders. Together with the consideration of the latest design and technology trends, your work results are able to amaze both the client and consumers.
- Bachelor degree or above in Industrial Design, or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ professional industrial design working experience
- Good sketching skills to deliver ideas
- Good visual skills, critical judgment of form and visual detail
- Ability to create and improve complex sculptural forms
- Excellent 3D modelling skills — preferably Rhino, Pro/E, or SolidWorks
- Solid technical understanding
- High sense of professionalism and ability to think on your own feet
- Proactive, and take initiative to solve the problem on spot
- Proven track of successfully launched products
- Good verbal communication skills and project/ client’s interfacing experience is a good plus
- English proficiency is required
If you are interested to work in a highly committed and international environment at TEAMS Design, please send to [email protected]
A complete portfolio that doesn't just show final results, but a start-to-finish process that maps out the thinking, decision making, and development behind each project. Sketches and ideas that show how you think things through on paper, as well as mock-ups, must be included as part of your design thinking.
Cover letter (this can be the body of your email or attached separately)
Please apply via email only. You will hear from us, but due to the number of applicants, we’d appreciate your patience. Thank you.
TEAMS. Products of Empathy.