Junior UI/UX Designer
TEAMS Design, Chicago, is on the lookout for a full-time junior user-interface / user-experience designer to join our collaborative international design team.
You will work with a creative, passionate, and talented group to design positive user experiences in industries from transportation to housewares.
Let's get to know each other and collaborate!
TEAMS Design is an award-winning, multi-national Design firm with studios in Chicago, Esslingen, Hamburg, Belgrade, and Shanghai. Our work ranges from housewares to industrial tools, from forks to forklifts. We are known for our brand-wide approach, often developing whole product lines.
The Chicago studio is a creative environment in a light-filled, open loft with a great view of the city's famous skyline. Centrally located in West Town, we’re nestled in the middle of a creative warehouse neighborhood that's home to art and design studios, architectural salvage stores, and two pro sports teams. We enjoy biking to work, caffeinated beverages, and competitive lunchtime foosball in a pet-friendly environment.
A junior UX designer at TEAMS will create thoughtful interaction for the end-user with a visually compelling product. You will ideate workflow and stylistic concepts for web, mobile, and products with touchscreen interfaces. Working closely with our design team, you’ll create wireframe prototypes for usability testing. With your great eye for aesthetics and your software knowledge, you will see these projects through from initial brainstorming to final deliverables for clients and developers. Other responsibilities might include developing icon systems for product application, creating packaging guidelines, or creating simple and stunning visuals for presentations.
The ideal candidate should have a portfolio that demonstrates wide-ranging concept exploration, innovative solution finding, and the following:
- B.A. in Graphic Design, New Media, Interaction Design, or related field.
- 0-3 years of experience.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint webpage design, SharePoint forms development, MS Visual studio knowledge.
- Experience with PHP and Joomla frontend is a plus.
- An insatiable curiosity about design, technology, and trends in user experience design.
- Compelling skills in areas like ideation, concept generation, and documenting design solutions.
- Ability to clearly and confidently tell a story and justify design decisions.
- Cross-functional designers a plus: Graphic Design, Industrial Design, etc.
- Love of teamwork and collaborative design.
- Great attention to detail and communication skills.
- A strong eye for layout, color palettes, and typography.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing design studio.
- English proficiency is required. German or other languages are a plus.
Interested in joining the team? Send us your:
- Complete portfolio that does not just show final products, but a start-to-finish process that maps out the thinking and development behind each project
- Cover letter
to the email address: [email protected]
Please apply via email only. You will hear from us, but we'd appreciate your patience due to the number of applicants. Thank you.
TEAMS. Products of Empathy.