Junior Industrial Designer
TEAMS Chicago is on the lookout for a full-time industrial designer to join our collaborative international design team.
You will work with a creative, passionate, and talented group to design positive user experiences in industries from transportation to housewares.
Let's get to know each other and collaborate!
TEAMS Design is an award-winning, multi-national Design firm with studios in Chicago, Esslingen, Hamburg, Belgrade, and Shanghai. Our work ranges from housewares to industrial tools, from forks to forklifts. We are known for our brand-wide approach, often developing whole product lines.
The Chicago studio is a creative environment in a light-filled, open loft with a great view of the city's famous skyline. Centrally located in West Town, we’re nestled in the middle of a creative warehouse neighborhood that's home to art and design studios, architectural salvage stores, and two pro sports teams. We enjoy biking to work, caffeinated beverages, and competitive lunchtime foosball in a pet-friendly environment.
A junior industrial designer at TEAMS will create thoughtful designs with a visually compelling story. You will ideate, refine, and bring concepts to production. Working closely with our design team, you will create models and scenarios for usability testing. With your great eye for aesthetics and teamwork skills, you will see these projects through initial brainstorming to final deliverables for clients and manufacturers. Other responsibilities might include product teardowns, storyboarding, research, or rendering stunning visuals for presentations.
The ideal candidate should have a portfolio that demonstrates wide-ranging concept exploration, innovative solution finding, and the following:
- B.A. in Industrial Design, or related field.
- 0-3 years of experience.
- Excellent skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino and/or SolidWorks, and Keyshot.
- Ability to create and develop complex sculptural forms.
- Strong visual communication skills.
- Self-motivated with good time management skills.
- Ability to tell a story and justify design decisions clearly and confidently.
- Cross-functional designers a plus: Graphic Design, UI/UX Design, etc.
- Love of teamwork and collaborative design.
- Great attention to detail and communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing design studio.
- English proficiency is required. German or other languages are a plus.
Interested in joining the team? Send us your:
- Complete portfolio that does not just show final products, but a start-to-finish process that maps out the thinking and development behind each project
- Cover letter
to the email address: [email protected]
Please apply via email only. You will hear from us, but we'd appreciate your patience due to the number of applicants. Thank you.
TEAMS. Products of Empathy.