TEAMS Design Shanghai Studio offers internships from 3 to 6 months in these fields:
- Industrial Design
- Research (UX)
- Interaction Design
- Visual Design
Note: please indicate the type and the period (3 or 6 months) of the internship you are applying for in your email.
TEAMS Design is an award-winning user experience design and innovation firm with studios in Europe, North America, and Asia. Our innovative approach to design takes concepts from research and into reality while reinforcing the client’s brand personality.
The Shanghai studio is a bright and delightful open loft studio, overlooking at a piece of Shanghai's unique old neighborhood, and the inner street of Peninsula Bay with featured cafes and wine shops. Located in on the North Bund area near Suzhou Creek, we are in one of the newly renovated red-brick factory buildings among other art and design studios, branding and e-commerce business units. We try our best to provide an open and supportive environment for our teams to thrive and achieve their full potentials.
You are a motivated and talented designer, and a good team player, willing to bring successful results to the market. You have a good understanding of design development process towards solutions with different stakeholders. You will work together with our international multidisciplinary teams on projects for various industries and have the chance to experience the new product development process in our creative environment.
General for all positions
- studying one of the majors in the relevant field
- understand the value of design, and have good knowledge of trends in design and technology
- detail-oriented, hardworking and perusing “perfection” of the results
- proactive and eager to develop by self-learning
- good communication skills
- good team player and nice collaborations with supervisors
- good English is required
- excellent sketching skills to explain ideas especially during the ideation phase
- excellent 2D rendering ability and 3D modeling skills — preferably in Rhino
- equipped with a technical understanding
- be creative and can think out of the box
- a good knowledge or experience of different research methods
- able to assist research projects by aiming at meaningful results
- a good observer with empathy and dedicated to research field work
- basic data analysis skills
- good graphic or layout skills; able to communicate/ translate requirements and opportunities (both visually and verbally)
- highly collaborative in teamwork and willingness to travel
- study or experience in service design or related
- able to conduct ethnographic research, social studies, and trend research
- good at experience mapping
- analytical mindset and understand trends and needs in various verticals
- being able to generate creative content is a plus
- combined skills and passions in multidisciplinary theories and practices
- good sense of aesthetics in visual communication
- good design thinking and user experience philosophies and practices
- skilled in creating storyboards, information architecture, wireframes, and visual design drafts
- Competent in design software like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Axure, After effects, etc.
- good at prototyping tools
- coding skills in any popular programming language is a plus
- a very good sense of aesthetics in visual communication
- Good knowledge of visual design factors: colors, layouts, etc.
- Creative, and can create graphic elements from zero
- skillful in graphic design software: AI, InDesign, Photoshop, and Corel draw
Interested in joining the team? Please send us:
- A complete portfolio that doesn't just show final results, but a start-to-finish process that maps out the thinking, decision making, and development behind each project. Sketches and ideas that show how you think things through on paper, as well as mock-ups, must be included as part of your design thinking.
- full resume in both English and Chinese
- cover letter (this can be the body of your email or attached separately)
- please indicate the internship type, and internship period you are applying for
Please apply via email only. You will hear from us, but due to the number of applicants, we’d appreciate your patience. Thank you.
TEAMS. Products of Empathy.