For our Shanghai studio, we are looking for an Engineering Manager having strong CAD background, with a knowledge both of class A surfaces and engineering of internals structures.
You will work with engineers and industrial designers internally and globally with our other studios and clients to develop product concepts, specifications and to support product development.
TEAMS Design is an award-winning user experience design and innovation firm with studios in Europe, North America, and Asia. Our innovative approach to design takes concepts from research and into reality, while reinforcing the client’s brand personality.
The Shanghai studio is a bright and delightful open loft office, overlooking at a piece of Shanghai's unique old neighborhood, and the inner street of Peninsula Bay with featured cafes and wine shops. Located in on the North Bund area near Suzhou Creek, we are in one of the newly renovated red-brick factory buildings among other art and design studios, branding and e-commerce business units. We try our best to provide an open and supportive environment for our teams to thrive and achieve their full potentials.
An Engineering Manager should have advanced experience with plastic (consumer) products. You have the good technology understanding of production and can support through production and make requested changes. You will need to
- work on product's mechanical modelling and production support;
- manage engineering projects and communicate with industrial designers and engineers internally and externally with other studios and clients;
- provide creative technical solutions upfront, and problem solving during product development and production
- propose solutions to design and engineering work process for better quality of deliverables or improvement of efficiency of the team
- manage and lead product pre-development process in innovation projects
- establish and develop the engineering innovation business
- willing to work in a dynamic environment;
- 5+ year working experience with consumer products with at least 2 years in lead or management role;
- advanced experience in Creo (ProE);
- adapt in free form surfacing;
- advanced experience with the mechanical design of components using various manufacturing methods, including injection molding, metal forming, casting, blow molding, machining, etc.;
- good English and Chinese, both written and spoken;
- emphatic listener and persuasive speaker;
- good team player and interpersonal skills;
- experience with other 3D CAD programs (UG, Catia, Solidworks, etc...) or other engineering software is a plus;
- experience with product pre-development process is highly preferred
Interested in joining the team? Send us your
- work samples (in Creo/ ProE, UG, or other CAD software) as screenshots and proven tracks for successful launched products
- cover letter (this can be the body of your email or attached separately)
Please apply via email only. You will hear from us, but due to the number of applicants, we’d appreciate your patience. Thank you.
TEAMS. Products of Empathy.