We're looking for a talented Design Manager to join our Shanghai studio in a full-time capacity. The Design Manager manages the design project, starting from the initial contact with client, understanding client’s request and briefing, project setting up, until the final design delivery by guiding and arrange the internal and external design resources. The design project will mostly focus on the industrial design, but will also cover the research, UX design, engineering and interaction design, with the support from different teams.
TEAMS Design is an award-winning user experience design and innovation firm with offices in Europe, North America, and Asia. Our innovative approach to design takes concepts from research and into reality, while reinforcing the client’s brand personality.
The Shanghai studio is a bright and delightful open loft office, overlooking at a piece of Shanghai's unique old neighborhood, and the inner street of Peninsula Bay with featured cafes and wine shops. Located in on the North Bund area near Suzhou Creek, we are in one of the newly renovated red-brick factory buildings among other art and design studios, branding and e-commerce business units. We try our best to provide an open and supportive environment for our teams to thrive and achieve their full potentials.
Design Manager should own the knowledge and experience in terms of product development, has very strong sense for international brands, and the ability to understand consumers and new technologies to create impressive and suitable innovative ideas. You have very good management skills to plan resources on daily work and long-term tasks for development of a big portfolio of products. You can also understand the needs and requirement from clients clearly and transform the message to project members. On the other side, you can also represent the team’s work to clients and guide the project in the right direction.
- Bachelor degree or above in Industrial Design, Design Management/ Strategy, or equivalent
- 7+ years professional industrial design experience, among which, 2+ years should be on management level
- Excellent visual skills, especially with freehand sketches
- Critical judgment of form and visual details
- Solid technical understanding
- Proactive and act speedily to prevent problem
- Responsible with high sense of professionalism and ability to think on your own feet
- Outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills verbally and written in both English and Chinese
- Persuasive and influencing
- Proven track of involvements in managing successfully launched products
- Managing experience in a multidisciplinary team and with full design process from the very beginning (research) to the end (final product in production)
Interested in joining the team? Send us your
- Complete portfolio that doesn't just show final results, but a start-to-finish process that maps out the thinking, decision making, and development behind each project. Sketches and ideas that show how you think things through on paper as well as mock-ups must be included as part of your design thinking.
- Cover letter (this can be the body of your email or attached separately)
to email account: [email protected]
Please apply via email only. You will hear from us, but due to the number of applicants, we’d appreciate your patience. Thank you.
TEAMS. Products of Empathy.