UI/UX Design Internship
Not your everyday internship
We are looking for UI/UX design students looking for hands-on experience for 3 months or more. You will gain real-world experience and develop an intuitive sense for understanding users, creating beautiful, intuitive layouts, and working on production programs, including working directly with clients.
TEAMS Design is an award-winning, multi-national Design firm with studios in Chicago, Esslingen, Hamburg, Belgrade, and Shanghai. Our work ranges from housewares to industrial tools, from forks to forklifts. We are known for our brand-wide approach, often developing whole product lines.
The Chicago studio is a creative environment in a light-filled, open loft with a great view of the city's famous skyline. Centrally located in West Town, we’re nestled in the middle of a creative warehouse neighborhood that's home to art and design studios, architectural salvage stores, and two pro sports teams.
What you’ll be doing while you are at TEAMS.
- Learning good visual skills, critical judgment of visual detail through participating in critiques with team members.
- Learning the ability to create and improve layouts, wireframes, visually compelling designs.
- You must be self-motivated and passionate about design in this fast-paced environment.
- You’ll learn why great communication is a key skill for advancement.
- You must have the ability to think on your feet -react and problem-solve on the spot, and you’ll learn why.
Specific Skills Desired
- Student in an accredited graphic design or UI/UX program.
- Verbal communication and showmanship skills.
- Storytelling skills.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint webpage design, SharePoint forms development, MS Visual studio knowledge.
- Experience with PHP and Joomla frontend is a plus.
- Aesthetic skills, critical judgment of form, and visual detail.
- Self-motivated and passionate about design.
- English proficiency required German or other languages a plus.
- Please be sure to include a complete portfolio with your resume to help our selection of interview candidates.
- Please keep email attachments under 10MB or send an online link to your portfolio.
- We would also appreciate a cover letter (which may be your email) that explains what job you are applying for and why. You may submit your materials via a cloud-based file transfer such as Hightail, Dropbox, Google Docs, or post on your own FTP or portfolio site.
- Please send your application to [email protected]
- Please apply via email only. No phone calls, please. You will hear from us, but we'd appreciate your patience due to the number of applicants.
TEAMS. Products of Empathy.