TEAMS Chicago is looking for a highly skilled Product Design Engineer to join our team.
You will have the opportunity to evolve your skills and bring your expertise to our collaborative design and technical product development environment. Our projects are strongly multi-disciplinary, where we combine each of our unique skills to deliver clever and insightful improvements to our clients as we examine solutions from different considered perspectives. Together with our clients, we stay curious, ask questions, invent, experiment, and test prototypes to seek functional, creative ways of driving forward a new generation of products.
Let's get to know each other and collaborate!
TEAMS is a global award-winning design firm specializing in product design and development with expertise in the areas of industrial design, graphic design, user experience design, interaction design, engineering, and design for manufacturing.
Our studio is located in Chicago’s vibrant and creative West Loop neighborhood, less than a 10 minute ride from Chicago’s down town. The studio itself is set-up in an historic loft space, surrounded by creative companies, tech startups, breweries, coffee shops, local industrial partners, and award winning restaurants. Our Chicago team is made up of design and engineering professionals with diverse cultural and technical backgrounds that thrive on creating beautiful, function designs.
As a Product Design Engineer, you will plan and organize product analysis and disassembly studies with the goal of improved product manufacturing and design efficiency to deliver efficient and improved user experiences. Day to day work will be based in person in our Chicago studio where you will work closely with our product analysis partners both locally and internationally. You will be responsible for close communication and planning with the international product analysis team, disassembling products, and photographing / documenting assembly steps and product improvement ideas. This position will also assist prototype design assembly, with heavy use of FDM 3D printers, laser cutters, and other digital manufacturing tools.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics, or related design engineering degrees)
- 1-3 years or professional work experience in Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics, or related design engineering degrees
- Solidworks, Fusion360 or similar parametric CAD experience
- Ability to run Finite Element Analysis or mechanical stress/mold flow simulations
- Experience with working with complex CAD assemblies and ability to draft engineering drawings.
- Hands on prototyping skills, including 3D printing, mechanical design, DFM experience, and assembly.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Concise and effective communication skills
- Curiosity and a passion for learning
- An eye for aesthetics and good design
- Meticulously organized and goal focused
- You’re the biggest fan of Lego, taking things apart, and “How It’s Made”
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- A maker, inventor, and tinkerer at heart, someone who is always making things in their free time
- Formal Industrial Design schooling or similar
- Experience coding in C based programming languages for prototyping with Arduino, RaspberryPi, and other microcontroller platforms
- Hands on prototyping skills of electronics, including PCB design and electronic assembly
- Resume (no cover letter needed)
- Any of the following: links to your website, any portfolio material, creative work, or projects that show off your skills. (Please send a link via Dropbox / Google Drive, etc. Please no email attachments.)
Please note that you should be a US citizen or hold a valid US work visa.
Please apply via email only with no email attachments.
You will hear from us, but due to the expected number of applicants, we would appreciate your patience.
TEAMS. Products of Empathy.