If you enjoy design and storytelling, we invite you to apply to this position.
You will work with a creative, passionate, and talented group to design positive user experiences in industries from transportation to housewares.
Let's get to know each other!
As a design company, TEAMS has existed for almost 70 years. We’ve seen decades come and go, and are always on the cutting edge of what it means to be innovative at any time. Our mission is to create sustainable solutions for a better life for everyone. Our goal is to provide solutions that matter and to realize their full potential. We exist to inspire people with the everyday, every day.
The Chicago studio is a creative environment in a light-filled, open loft with a great view of the city’s famous skyline.
This is an onsite opportunity, reporting to the Chicago, IL office.
Reporting to the Media Content Producer (MCP), the Media Intern works to support TEAMS Design’s clientele by helping deliver videos for social media, marketing, and learning. This position’s primary focus is video editing/providing motion graphics for media content, as well as helping with camera and sound recording for events and interviews. This position will collaborate primarily with the MCP in addition to clients as necessary. This position is onsite in the West Town neighborhood of Chicago.
- Collaborates with the MCP to produce and deliver video content.
- Assists the MCP as needed during production with an emphasis on audio recording.
- Assists the MCP with lights, cameras, set design, and troubleshooting issues that may arise on set.
- Helps with setting up and tearing down production equipment.
- Helps shoot and edit assigned video content.
- Creates motion graphics, organizes files, and syncs sound to picture.
- Mixes sound and adjusts changes based on feedback.
- Develops, maintains, and organizes the organization’s media archive.
- Supports, upholds, and demonstrates TEAMS Design’s cultural values in internal and external communications and relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2-5 years related experience in filmmaking, videography, or motion graphics.
- Intermediate experience with Premiere Pro and/or DaVinci Resolve, Audition and After Effects.
- Experience with audio and/or color grading preferred.
- Experience shooting live events, interviews, corporate promos, or social media content preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Passionate about design and creating video content.
- Desire to learn about storytelling.
- U.S. citizen preferred.
- Can operate independently, as well as part of a team to work towards studio goals.
- Shows a strong capacity for adaptation when given feedback.
- Resourceful, creative, detail oriented, thorough, and able to navigate complex processes.
- Strong communication skills.
- Critical thinker who can quickly troubleshoot problems and propose solutions.
- Demonstrates strong abilities in collaboration and active listening.
- Values excellence, is committed to follow-through, is disciplined, accountable, and a life-long learner.
- Chance to gain an insider’s perspective about design and video (learn CGI/product visualization, use cool production space and gear like Cyclorama wall and cinema cameras).
- Work in a small team of people with a great company culture.
- Paid Internship/40hrs a week (June 1-Sept 1).
- Opportunity for hire at the end of the period.
Interested in joining the team? Send us your application to [email protected] with:
- Complete portfolio showing final products and a start-to-finish process that maps out the thinking and development behind each project.
- Cover letter.
Email only. No phone calls please.
After an initial selection process chosen candidates will be invited to an online interview. Candidates that make the final selection round will be provided with a short design challenge to be completed as part of the final selection of the most suitable candidate.
TEAMS. Products of Empathy.