Senior Industrial Designer
& CAD Expert
We're looking for an outstanding Senior Industrial Designer with 5+ years of experience to join our bustling studio in Hamburg in a full-time capacity. An intuitive sense for brands and their designs combined with a profound experience in CAD design realization and design for manufacturing processes are a must.
Let's get to know each other and collaborate!
TEAMS Design is an award-winning user experience design and innovation firm with studios in Europe, North America, and Asia. Our innovative approach to design takes concepts from research and into reality while reinforcing the client’s brand personality.
We provide an open and supportive environment for our teams to thrive and achieve their full potentials. Our Hamburg studio is located in the vibrant and creative district of Winterhude, right on the edge of the Alster, Hamburg’s famous inner-city lake. The studio itself is set-up on an old carpenter’s loft across two building levels, adjoined by a generous workshop and conferencing floor. Our team is made up of 20+ professionals with diverse cultural and technical backgrounds that thrive equally on creative work.
As a Senior Designer at TEAMS you will collaborate on a wide range of projects in categories such as commercial vehicles, professional tools, consumer electronics, medical equipment and sports goods. You will lead projects through from start to finish, generating ideas through rapid sketching and developing compelling and precise 3D CAD forms with the ability to design for manufacturing as well. Working directly with our clients as well as with our designers, researchers, and engineers, you’ll be challenged to communicate your ideas well and think on your feet. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to work on projects that combine or bridge the physical and digital worlds.
- Bachelor degree or above in Industrial Design, or equivalent
- 5+ years’ professional industrial design working experience with focus on 3D CAD design
- good sketching skills to deliver ideas
- outstanding visual skills, critical judgment of form and visual detail
- ability to create and improve complex sculptural forms in 3D (Class „A“ Surfaces)
- excellent 3D modeling skills non-parametric — Rhino is a must
- excellent 3D modeling skills parametric — Either CREO, NX, CATIA or SolidWorks
- solid technical understanding
- high sense of professionalism and ability to think on your own feet
- proactive, and take the initiative to solve the problem on the spot
- proven track of successfully launched products
- good verbal communication skills and project/ client’s interfacing experience is a good plus
- experience in customer-centric design processes and UXD is a good plus
- Fluent in German and English, oral and in writing
If you’re interested in working for a young, dynamic and international team in the heart of Hamburg, please send us:
- a complete portfolio that doesn't just show final results, but a start-to-finish process that maps out the thinking, decision making, and development behind each project. Sketches and ideas that show how you think things through on paper, as well as CAD and mock-ups, must be included as part of your design thinking.
- cover letter (this can be the body of your email or attached separately)
We prefer them digitally, and the file(s) should be under 10 MB.
Email: [email protected]
Your contact person is: Theresia.
TEAMS. Products of Empathy.