We are looking for a talented and experienced industrial designer to join our Chicago studio.
We provide support for our clients throughout the product development process. We expect that any experienced designer can contribute throughout the process from research into production.
Let's get to know each other and collaborate!
TEAMS Design is an award winning, multi-national Design firm with studios in Chicago, Esslingen, Hamburg, Belgrade and Shanghai. Our work ranges from housewares to industrial tools, from forks to forklifts. We are known for our brand-wide approach, often developing whole product lines.
The Chicago studio is a creative environment in a light-filled, open loft with a great view of the city's famous skyline. Centrally located in West Town, we’re nestled in the middle of a creative warehouse neighborhood that's home to art and design studios, architectural salvage stores, and two pro sports teams. We enjoy biking to work, caffeinated beverages, and competitive lunchtime foosball in a pet-friendly environment.
The ideal candidate should have 5-7 years of experience with a portfolio that demonstrates project management skills as well as strong basic ID skills, showing wide-ranging concept exploration, innovative thinking, and pragmatic solution finding.
- 5-7 years experience in industrial design
- Project and client management experience
- Good verbal communication and showmanship skills
- Great story telling skills
- Excellent aesthetic skills, critical judgment of form and visual detail
- Concept exploration sketching skills –ability to think through problems visually
- Good understanding of the product development process
- Understanding of materials and processes
- Presentation and computer rendering skills (Adobe Creative Suite)
- 3D modeling skills – preferably Rhino, Pro/E or Solidworks
- Self-motivated and passionate about design
- English proficiency required, German or other languages a plus
If you’re interested in working for a young, dynamic and international team in the heart of Chicago, please send us your application.
Please be sure to include a complete portfolio with your resume to help our selection of interview candidates. We would also appreciate a cover letter (which may be your email) that explains what job you are applying for and why. You may submit your materials via a cloud-based file transfer such as Hightail, DropBox, Google Docs, or post on your own ftp or portfolio site.
We prefer them digitally, and the file(s) should be under 8 MB.
Email: [email protected]
Your contact person is: Marianne Grisdale.
TEAMS. Products of Empathy.