Seeking Up-and-Coming Industrial Designers
We're looking for a talented junior industrial designer with 0-3 years of experience to join our bustling Esslingen studio in a full-time capacity. Working with our teams of designers, you'll learn our unique design process and develop an intuitive sense for good form, detail, and a wide knowledge of manufacturing processes.
TEAMS is an award winning design firm specializing in global product-oriented user experience design in the areas of industrial design, interaction design and brand communication.
The studio is located in the well-known medieval city of Esslingen, just outside of Stuttgart. The studio itself is located in a beautiful loft staggered across four floors with a beautiful glimpse of Esslingen and the surrounding vineyards. Our state-of-the-art facilities are something we’re particularly proud of. With our in-house capabilities, we’re able to serve hundreds of clients per year on diverse projects. But what’s most important to us is our people. With over 30 designers, engineers, strategists, and communication experts – our teamwork approach makes every day a rewarding adventure.
A Junior Designer at TEAMS Esslingen collaborates on a wide range of projects in categories such as professional power tools, housewares, consumer electronics, and medical equipment. You will see projects through from start to finish, generating ideas though rapid sketching and developing compelling 3D forms. Working with our designers and engineers, you’ll be challenged to communicate your ideas well and think on your feet. Your complete portfolio shouldn’t just show the end product, but a start-to-finish process that demonstrates your wide-ranging concept exploration, critical thinking skills, and innovative solution-finding.
- Bachelor degree in industrial design preferred
- 0-3 years professional industrial design experience
- Good visual skills, critical judgment of form and visual detail
- Ability to create and improve complex sculptural forms
- Concept exploration sketching skills — ability to think on paper
- Presentation and computer rendering skills
- 3D modeling skills — preferably Rhino, Pro/E, or SolidWorks
- Self-motivated and passionate about design
- The ability to think on your feet — react and problem-solve on the spot
- Good verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English and German
Interested in joining the team? Send us your:
- Complete portfolio that doesn’t just show final products, but a start-to-finish process that maps out the thinking, decision making, and development behind each project. Sketches that show how you think things through on paper as well as mock-ups must be included as part of your design thinking.
- Cover letter (this can be the body of your email or attached separately)
- Please send your application to the following e-mail: [email protected]
Please apply via email only. No phone calls please. You will hear from us, but due to the number of applicants, we’d appreciate your patience.
TEAMS. Products of Empathy.