TEAMS Design Shanghai Studio offers internships for 3 to 6 months in below areas:
- Industrial Design Intern
- Research (UX) Intern
- Interaction Design Intern
- Mechanical Engineering Intern
Note: please indicate the type and the period (3 or 6 months) of the internship in your email when you are applying.
TEAMS Design is an award-winning user experience design and innovation firm with studios in Europe, North America, and Asia. Our innovative approach to design takes concepts from research and into reality, while reinforcing the client’s brand personality.
The Shanghai studio is a bright and delightful open loft office, overlooking at a piece of Shanghai's unique old neighborhood, and the inner street of Peninsula Bay with featured cafes and wine shops. Located in on the North Bund area near Suzhou Creek, we are in one of the newly renovated red-brick factory buildings among other art and design studios, branding and e-commerce business units. We try our best to provide an open and supportive environment for our teams to thrive and achieve their full potentials.
You are a motivated and talented designer, and a good team player, willing to bring successful results to the market. You have a good understanding of design development process towards solutions with different stakeholders. You will work together with our international multidisciplinary teams on projects for various industries, and have the chance to experience the new product development process in our creative environment.
General for all positions
- studying one of the majors in the relevant field
- understand the value of design, and have good knowledge of trends in design and technology
- detail-oriented, hardworking and perusing “perfection” of the results
- proactive and eager to develop by self-learning
- good communication skills
- good team player and good collaboration skills with supervisors
- good English is required, oral and in writing
- very good sketching skills to explain ideas especially during ideation phase
- excellent 2D rendering ability and 3D modeling skills- preferably in Rhino
- equipped with technical understanding
- be creative and can think out of the box
- a good knowledge or experience of different research methods
- able to assist research projects by aiming at meaningful results
- a good observer with empathy and dedicated to research field work
- basic data analysis skills
- good graphic or layout skills; able to communicate/ translate requirements and opportunities (both visually and verbally)
- highly collaborative in team work and willingness to travel
- good sense of aesthetics in visual communication
- good design thinking and user experience philosophies and practices
- skilled in creating storyboards, information architecture, wireframes, and visual design drafts
- good in design software like Adobe photoshop, illustrator, Sketch, Axure, After effects, etc.
- good at prototyping tools
- coding skills in any popular programming language is a plus
- majoring in Mechanical Engineering
- good knowledge of manufacturing methods, including injection molding, metal forming, casting, blow molding, or machining, etc.
- skillful 3D modelling software, and Creo is preferred, UG and solidworks also nice to have
- familiar with Microsoft Office sets, especially Excel and PowerPoint
Interested in joining the team? Please send us:
- a complete portfolio that doesn't just show final results, but a start-to-finish process that maps out the thinking, decision making, and development behind each project. Sketches and ideas that show how you think things through on paper as well as mock-ups must be included as part of your design thinking.
- full resume in both English and Chinese
- cover letter (this can be the body of your email or attached separately)
- please indicate the position and internship period you
Please apply via email only. You will hear from us, but due to the number of applicants, we’d appreciate your patience. Thank you.
TEAMS. Products of Empathy.