Calling All Up-And-Comers
We are looking for a talented junior to mid-level industrial designer with a strong multimedia background to join our energetic Chicago office. As well as working with varied teams of designers on projects you will also learn manage and coordinate projects from concept to implementation. Our teams work closely together in a fast-paced environment and there is a strong sense of comradery and enjoyment. We also share work with our global team.
TEAMS is an award-winning user experience design and innovation firm with offices in Europe, North America, and Asia. Our innovative approach to design takes concepts from research through development and into production, and reinforces our clients’ brand personality. Our brand-wide focus has helped our clients see substantial market success and develop strong brands.
The Chicago studio is a creative environment in a light-filled, open loft with a great view of the city's famous skyline. Centrally located in West Town, we’re nestled in the middle of a creative warehouse neighborhood that's home to art and design studios, architectural salvage stores, and two pro sports teams. We enjoy biking to work, caffeinated beverages, and competitive lunchtime foosball in a pet-friendly environment.
The ideal candidate should have a strong critical thinking background and a portfolio that demonstrates innovative solution finding, disruptive thinking, and a solid understanding of manufacturing processes. We hope that as a purple unicorn, you will also have experience with high-end rendering and animation. Your fledgling project-management and client relationship skills will also be of importance to this job. Spiral horn is optional.
- 1-3 years professional experience in industrial design
- Self-motivated with high sense of professionalism and a passion for design
- Multimedia experience with high end rendering or animation
- Good visual skills, critical judgment of form and visual detail
- Concept exploration sketching skills –ability to think on paper
- 3D modeling skills –preferably Rhino, Pro/E and/or Solidworks
- Good production knowledge and mechanical problem solving
- The ability to think on your feet, react on the spot
- Multi-tasking and delegation skills
- Good verbal communication –both internally and with clients
- English proficiency required, German or other languages a plus
Interested in joining the team? Send us your:
- Complete portfolio that doesn't just show final products, but a start-to-finish process that maps out the thinking, decision making and development behind each project. This portfolio should include sketches and mockups as part of your design thinking. We would appreciate files under 8MB.
- Cover letter
- Please send your application the following e-mail: careersCH@teamsdesign.com
Email only. No phone calls please. You will hear from us, but due to the number of applicants, we’d appreciate your patience.
TEAMS. Products of Empathy.