TEAMS is an award-winning user experience design and innovation firm with offices in Europe, North America, and Asia. Our innovative approach to design takes concepts from research and into reality, while reinforcing the client’s brand personality.
The Shanghai studio is a bright and delightful open loft overlooking one of Shanghai’s well-known historic neighborhoods right on the inner street of Peninsula Bay with a range of featured cafes and wine shops. Located in the North Bund area near Suzhou Creek, we are in a nearly renovated red-brick factory building nestled among other art and design studios, as well as branding and e-commerce business units. We take great pride in providing an open and supportive environment so that our teams can always achieve their full potential.
You / Key Responsibilities:
An Engineering Manager should have advanced experience with plastic (consumer) products. You have the good technology understanding of production and can support through production and make requested changes. You will need to
- Work on product's mechanical modelling and production support;
- Manage engineering projects and communicate with industrial designers and engineers internally and externally with other studios and clients;
- Provide creative technical solutions upfront, and problem solving during product development and production
- Propose solutions to design and engineering work process for better quality of deliverables or improvement of efficiency of the team
- Willing to work in a dynamic environment;
- 3+ year working experience with consumer products with at least 1 year in lead or management role;
- Advanced experience in Creo (ProE);
- adept in free form surfacing;
- Experience with the mechanical design of components using various manufacturing methods, including injection molding, metal forming, casting, blow molding, machining, etc.;
- Good English and Chinese, both written and spoken;
- Empathetic listener and persuasive speaker;
- Good team player and interpersonal skills;
- Experience with other 3D CAD programs (UG, Catia, Solidworks, etc...) or other engineering software is a plus.
If you are interested to work in a highly committed and international environment at TEAMS Design, please send to careersSH@teamsdesign.com
- Complete portfolio that doesn't just show final results, but a start-to-finish process that maps out the thinking, decision making, and development behind each project.
- Cover letter (this can be the body of your email or attached separately)
TEAMS. Products of Empathy.