TEAMS is an award-winning user experience design and innovation firm with offices in Europe, North America, and Asia. Our innovative approach to design takes concepts from research and into reality, while reinforcing the client’s brand personality.
The Shanghai studio is a bright and delightful open loft overlooking one of Shanghai’s well-known historic neighborhoods right on the inner street of Peninsula Bay with a range of featured cafes and wine shops. Located in the North Bund area near Suzhou Creek, we are in a nearly renovated red-brick factory building nestled among other art and design studios, as well as branding and e-commerce business units. We take great pride in providing an open and supportive environment so that our teams can always achieve their full potential.
Our new Industrial Design Director should have skills and knowledge rooted in a strong design background and have good influencing skills on teams and clients. You have a very strong sense for international brands, and the ability to understand consumers and new technologies to create impressive and suitable innovative ideas. You have very good management skills to plan resources on daily work and long-term tasks for development of a big portfolio of products. You can build strategic trusted relationship with clients through excellent project results and deliverables.
- Bachelor degree or above in Industrial Design, Design Management/ Strategy, or equivalent
- 5+ years professional industrial design experience, among which, 2+ years should be on management level
- Excellent visual skills, especially with freehand sketches
- Critical judgment of form and visual details
- Solid technical understanding
- Proactive and act speedily to prevent problem
- High sense of professionalism and ability to think on your own feet
- Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decision
- Outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills verbally and written in both English and Chinese
- Proven track of involvements in managing successfully launched products
If you are interested to work in a highly committed and international environment at TEAMS Design, please send to careersSH@teamsdesign.com
- Complete portfolio that doesn't just show final results, but a start-to-finish process that maps out the thinking, decision making, and development behind each project.
- Cover letter (this can be the body of your email or attached separately)
TEAMS. Products of Empathy.